If you’ve arrived at this page, you’re probably curious about the longest Snapchat streak.
Knowing the highest snap streak is useful if you want to start your own. You might want to challenge yourself to break the record and become the new longest streak holder.
Let’s take a look at the numbers and see who holds the record.
What Is a Snap Streak?
If you’re a fan of Snapchat, you’re probably well aware of what a Snapchat streak is.
For those who don’t know, a Snapchat streak is when two people send each other snaps (photos or videos) on a consecutive basis for a certain period of time. The longer the streak, the more consecutive days they’ve snapped each other.
When two people send each other snaps back and forth for at least three consecutive days, they start a streak. The longer that streak is, the more emojis will appear next to their names.
These range from the fire emoji, which appears after three days, to the hundred emoji, which appears after 100 days.
The number next to the fire emoji indicates how many days the two people have been on a snap streak.
If two people have been on a snap streak for more than three days and both are each other’s best friends, a gold heart emoji will appear next to the number. If two people have been on a snap streak for more than two weeks, a red heart emoji will appear next to the number.
What is the Longest Snapchat Streak?
The longest Snapchat streak is when two people send each other snaps for consecutive days. The person with the highest Snapchat streak is the person who has sent and received the most snaps in a row without any breaks.
Snapchat doesn’t have an official public record of the users with the highest snap streaks. The current record for the longest Snapchat streak is 2,491 days. This means that the two Snapchat users have been sending each other snaps for over six years without any breaks.
That’s a lot of dedication and won’t be easy to break for anyone looking to have their name at the top.
Now that we know about the highest streak record, let’s look at the other record-breaking number on the list.
- Alex and Karly, 2491 days as of May 13, 2022.
- Laura and Lisa, 2291 days as of March 1, 2022.
- Nate and Josh, 2222 days as of May 17, 2022.
- Romi and Paloma, 2205 days as of September 14, 2022.
- Tessa and Zach, 2160 days as of August 30, 2021.
- Bailey & Nicola, 2150 days as at August 29, 2022
- Arthur and Filippa ,2146 days as of March 4, 2021.
- Joseph and Gabriel, 2,080 days as of April 12, 2021.
- Jeff and teresa, 2071 days as of March 10, 2022.
- Shoshana and Bridget, 2043 days as of March 25, 2021
- Daniel and Robin, 2034 days as of March 26, 2021.
- Isabel and Alexandra, 2005 days as of January 04, 2021.
- Madison and Adriana, 2,000 days as of March 16, 2021
- Daniel and Robin, 1985 days as of February 5, 2021
- Brittany and Jordan, 1969 days as of 13 April 2022.
- Kiera and Madison. 1958 days as of November 18, 2020.
- Katie and Connor, 1,933 days as of March 24, 2022.
- Brandon and Mikey, 1924 days as of February 17, 2021.
- Casey and Bill, 1907 days as of February 12th, 2021.
- Emily and Ethan, 1823 days as of July 13, 2021.
- Lisa Dong and Suzett Brito, 1804 days as of July 25, 2021.
- Amy and Jenny, 1,748 days as of October. 1, 2020.
- Santiago and Luca, 1692 days as of May 12, 2020.
- Mehek & Aayushi, 1651 days as of 2nd November 2020.
- Alex and Mallorey, 1415 days as of May 26, 2022.
- Joshua and Ashely, 1,356 days as of February 2nd, 2021.
- Jared and Jimmy, 1168 days as of 15 June 2021.
- Cathlin and Christo, 1023 days as of 18 January 2021.
- Nat and Michelle, 1018 days as of 25 October 2021.
- Fatima and Zainab, 1005 days as of 29 August 2022.
If you’ve got a snap streak score of 1000+, you can share that with us along with a screenshot at [email protected] and we’ll include that in the list.
Types of Snap Streak Emojis
By default, Snapchat provides its users with three types of streaks emojis.
🔥 Fire Emoji
If you and another Snapchatter are sending each other snaps every day, you’ll see a fire emoji next to their name. This means you’ve got a Snapstreak going! For the first few days, you won’t see any emojis.
Once you’ve kept the streak going for three days, the fire emoji will appear. The number next to the fire emoji will tell you how many days you’ve been on a streak.
As you already know, a number next to the fire emoji indicates the number of days your streak has been active. When you reach a snap streak for 100 consecutive days, the hundred emoji will appear before the fire emoji instead of the number. As your streak continues, the 100 emoji will revert to regular numbers.
The hourglass emoji appears when your streak is about to expire. The emoji indicates that you don’t have much time before the streak resets. If you want to keep it going, you need to send a snap right away.
The hourglass emoji appears 20 hours after no interaction, and you don’t have much time after it appears. You can read our article to find out more about how long does the hourglass last on snap streak.
There are more emojis such as the different heart emojis that appear when you maintain a friendship with your snap friends for a certain period of time.
How to Keep a Snapchat Streak Alive
Believe it or not, it is very easy for one to forget to send a snap once in a while. Sometimes people completely forget that they have a streak going that they need to continue.
Here are some tips on how you can make sure you don’t lose your streaks:
- Make it a habit to send a snap when you wake up every day or before going to sleep or both times.
- You can also create shortcuts on your Snapchat with a group of selective people that you want to snap every day. This will make it much easier to send a snap to multiple people at a time without having to select the users that you want to snap to every single time. You can also choose whatever emoji you desire for multiple shortcuts that you create.
- Send regular snaps at least once in 24 hours to your friend and make sure that they also reply with snaps to you. In case an hourglass emoji appears or your friend forgets to send a snap, remind them about it.
- In case you have nothing to snap about, you can use different stickers that Snapchat provides and send them a blank screen photo. For example, turn on the camera, close the camera area with your fingers, then take a photo.
- You can also attach stickers like the time or day available within Snapchat to make your snaps a little more interesting. Regardless, the number of snaps you send matters rather than what snap you send.
What Is the Snapchat Score?
The Snapchat Score is the total number of snaps that you have sent and received. It also includes your streaks – the number of days in a row that you have snapped with someone. The longer your streak, the higher your score. You can also increase your Snapchat score by snapping with certain emojis.
Is There a Snapchat Streak Limit?
While there is no specific Snapchat streak limit, it is generally believed that users are only able to maintain a streak for so long before it becomes too difficult to keep up with. This is due to the fact that Snapchat streaks require users to send each other a snap every day, and if one user is unable to do so for even one day, the streak will be broken.
Therefore, it is generally accepted that the longest a Snapchat streak can last is around 100 days, after which it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain.
What Happens if You Get on a 1,000-Day Snapchat Streak With Someone?
If you get on a 1,000-day Snapchat streak with someone, it means that you have Snapchatted with that person every day for 1,000 days in a row.
Snapchat does not have any special celebration for this milestone, but it’s a big deal for you because it indicates that you have a close, daily connection with that person. It’s likely that you are good friends with this person, and that you enjoy talking to them every day.
Is There a Way To Recover a Snap Streak?
When it comes to streaks on Snapchat, they are a serious matter. If you are trying to maintain a streak with someone, you need to be dedicated to sending Snaps back and forth to each other regularly. But what happens if you accidentally break your streak? Is there any way to recover it?
Unfortunately, once a streak is broken, it is gone for good. There is no way to recover it. This is why it is so important to be careful when it comes to streaks.
If you are worried about accidentally breaking your streak, you can always set a reminder for yourself to send a Snap to the person you are streaking with.
If you know you sent a snap within the last 24 hours and your streak has still disappeared, you can contact the Snapchat support team and explain your situation. They’ll help you restore it.
Wrapping Up: What Is the Longest Snapchat Streak
Snapchat is quite popular among teens who keep sending each other snaps (photos and videos) for consecutive days to maintain a streak.
The list of longest snap streaks includes several scores of 1000 or higher. This is quite big if you look at it this way: these users have been exchanging snaps for more than 3 years in a row.
The above article provides the list of the longest Snapchat streak scores collected publicly.