Are you trying to access OpenAI’s services but finding that the API is not available in your country? You’re not alone. Many people around the world are facing the same issue.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the reasons why OpenAI’s services may not be available in certain countries and what options are available for those who are unable to access them.
We’ll also discuss potential solutions and steps that can be taken to overcome this limitation. So, if you’re looking for ways to access OpenAI’s services, keep reading!
Why Open AI Services (GPT3 & ChatGPT) Not Available In Some Countries
If you try to access ChatGPT or the OpenAI website from an unsupported country, you’ll see the “OpenAI’s services are not available in your country” error message. This may happen due to many reasons.
This includes legal restrictions and regulatory compliance issues. For example, some countries have laws or regulations that prohibit the export of certain technologies or restrict access to certain types of data.
In some cases, OpenAI may also choose to limit access to its services in certain countries as a precautionary measure to ensure compliance with U.S. or other countries’ laws and regulations.
It’s important to note that OpenAI’s policies and availability may change over time and in different countries, based on the company’s internal decisions and changes in regulations.
List of Countries Where OpenAI’s Services Are Not Available
When it comes to the list of supported countries, the list is big. However, currently, OpenAI API is not available in the following countries:
- North Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- South Sudan
How to Fix “OpenAI Services Not Available in Your Country”
If OpenAI’s services are not available in your country, there are still a few possible solutions you can consider to fix the error.
Use VPN to Access Open AI Services
A VPN (virtual private network) is used to change the virtual location of the user, making it appear as if they are accessing the internet from a different country. This can allow the user to use OpenAI services even if they are not available in their current location.
Here are the steps to use a VPN:
- Choose a reputable VPN service: Some of the top VPN services include NordVPN, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, and Surfshark.
- Download and install the VPN software: Once you’ve chosen a VPN service, they need to download and install the software on their device.
- Connect to a server in a country where OpenAI services are available: After the software is installed, turn on the VPN and set your location to a server located in a country where OpenAI services are available. The VPN service will provide a list of servers to choose from.
- Access OpenAI services: Once the VPN connection is established, you should be able to access OpenAI services as if they were located in the country where the VPN server is located.
It is important to note that not all VPN services are created equal, and some may be slower or less reliable than others. Most of the time, free VPN services are always slower may not be able to bypass geographical restrictions imposed by OpenAI or other services.
You can try one of the premium VPNs we have suggested above. Most of them offer a free trial, so you can test them out and see which one allows you to bypass the geographical restriction.
Register Using Virtual Mobile Number
Another solution to bypass geographical restrictions on OpenAI services is to register using a virtual mobile number. A virtual mobile number is a phone number that is not tied to a specific physical device or location, and can be used to register for online services.
Here are the steps to use a virtual mobile number:
- Choose a virtual mobile number provider: There are several providers that offer virtual mobile numbers, including Hushed, Burner, and EasyRinger.
- Sign up for a virtual mobile number: Once you’ve chosen a virtual mobile number provider, they need to sign up for a virtual mobile number and choose a plan that fits their needs. Make sure to use a number from the countries where OpenAI services are available.
- Use the virtual mobile number to register for OpenAI services: OpenAI asks for a mobile number during registration to verify the country you are trying to register from. Enter the virtual mobile number and then input the OTP you have received to verify the number.
- Access OpenAI services: After the registration process is complete, you should be able to access OpenAI services as if they were located in the country where the virtual mobile number is based.
We hope this blog post was helpful in providing some insights into why OpenAI’s services may not be available in certain countries and offering some potential solutions. If you’re in a country where OpenAI’s services are not available, you may be able to access them by using a VPN or registering with a virtual mobile number.