Are you looking to download all the media (photos, videos, documents, etc.) from a Telegram chat?
Whether you want to back up important files or just want to keep a local copy of everything that was shared in a chat, this guide is for you.
In this article, we’ll show you how to download all media from a Telegram chat, group as well as channels. Let’s get started!
Can I Download My Telegram Data?
Telegram is a popular messaging app that offers end-to-end encryption for secure communication. In addition to messaging, Telegram also allows users to download photos, videos, and other types of media. If you’re an avid Telegram user, you may be wondering if it’s possible to download all of your data from the app.
The good news is that Telegram does offer a way for users to download their data. To do this, you’ll need to use the “Export Telegram data” feature in the app settings on the Telegram desktop. This feature allows you to export all of your Telegram data including the messages, contact list, bot and channel messages, and much more.
You may not want all of the data and just want to download media from a specific chat, you can do this as well.
Let’s see how to do it on a computer.
How To Download All Media From a Telegram Chat
Telegram does not have any export option on the mobile app. To download all files from a Telegram chat, you’ll need to use the app on a computer.
Follow the below steps to download all photos and videos from a Telegram chat:
- Open the chat or group that you want to export.
- Click on the “Three Dots” icon in the top right corner of the chat window.
- Select “Export Chat History” from the dropdown menu.
- A new window will open. Select the files that you want to include in your chat export.
- Below it, you can choose the format for the exported file (HTML or JSON) and give the path for the exported files. Note that there is a size limit, meaning that files smaller than 8 MB will be included in the export.
- Next, select the date range for the chat history you want to export. If you do not select the date range, the export will include everything from the beginning of the chat.
- Once ready, click on the “Export” button.
Telegram will run the export function and your media files will be available in a folder at the path given. You can also click the Show My Data button on the final screen to open the exported data folder.
Wrapping Up: How to Download All Media From a Telegram Chat
Downloading all the media from a Telegram chat is a good feature to keep a local backup of your media files. By following the simple steps outlined in this guide, you’ll be able to download all the photos, videos, and documents from a Telegram chat in no time.
Whether you’re looking to save your favorite memories or just keep your files organized, this tutorial has got you covered.