If you are one of those who likes the sweetness of Android too much and wishes to use it on every possible platform. You are in luck. Remix OS lets you run Android on your PC.
Let’s take a look at the various things which make Remix OS different from others:
Remix OS as the name suggests is an operating system based on Linux. It comes as a compressed .iso file. This means you can use it as a bootup drive. On the other hand, all Android Emulators come as a .exe file which can be executed to run on windows. Remix OS gives you the option to install it either on a USB flash drive or a hard disk. Once installed on a USB flash drive, you can take it wherever you go and boot it up.
If you are familiar with Windows, you will feel at home with Remix OS. Apps open up in windows just like Windows OS and you can resize them. All apps that you open remain open in the task bar at the bottom. You can switch back and forth between apps in the task bar. On the other hand, Android Emulators like BlueStack have an interface just like Android and multi-tasking on it is a bit messy.
Remix OS has an interface similar to Windows. Just like Windows, there is a Start Menu on the bottom left corner. It has the first row with apps most frequently used. Below that you will find all the apps you have installed. On the other hand, most of the Android emulators have the Android-like interface. They come with launchers just like the traditional Android home screen.
Root gives you full control on how you use your Android and *SURPRISE SURPRISE* Remix OS comes pre-rooted. You can install all your favorite apps that require root permission. There are endless possibilities of what you can do with root.
Remix OS was launched last year at CES and has improved a lot since then. Back in February last year, it was launched with Lollipop and has now been updated to Marshmallow. With the frequent updates that keep coming, we hope to see Nougat in the near future.
Now that we know the key difference between Remix OS and other Andriod Emulators, let’s take a look at how to install Remix OS on your PC.
Recommended system requirements are:
- 2 GHz dual-core processor or better.
- 2 GB system memory.
- Minimum 8 GB of free hard drive space.
- Internet access is helpful.
Steps to Install Remix OS on PC:
- Visit the Jide Technology website and download the Remix OS for PC.
- Here you get an option to choose between Direct Download and Torrent.
- Choose between 64-Bit and 32-Bit based on your PC specification.
- Once downloaded, extract the files using WinZip or any other extracting software.
You can either install it on your PC’s hard drive or a portable flash drive.
- Inside the Download package, you will find Remix OS for PC ROM & Installation Tool.
- Run the installation tool application by double clicking on it.
- A new window opens up, Under “ISO file”, browse and choose the Remix OS for PC ISO file from the download package.
- Under “Type”, choose “USB drive” for USB flash drive installation or choose “Hard Disk” for hard disk installation.
- Under “Drive”, choose the drive name of your hard disk or flash drive to install the OS on.
- Press “Ok” to proceed with the installation.
You can also take a look at the installation video made by Jide Technology[su_spacer]
If you get stuck at any step, do let me know in the comment section below. Also if you found this article helpful, feel free to share this on social media.