How to get your smartphone notifications on your PC
Missing out on those important notifications on your smartphone while you work on your PC? Worry no more, we’ve got you covered. Now you can check and even reply to your smartphone’s notifications from your PC easily and seamlessly. We’ve listed some apps in this article that allow you to receive your smartphone notifications and even reply to some of them through your PC. We will also guide you through the process to configure your smartphone and PC to sync the notifications between the devices.
List of apps to receive your smartphone notifications on your PC-
Starting with the list, Pushbullet leads it considering its various functionalities that it provides to the user. To begin with, it allows you to send messages and files between your PC and smartphone. It also has a Following section where you can follow various channels to get frequent updates. The icing on the cake here is that it also allows you to browse your PC files with your smartphone or vice versa and download any file that you want from the other device. Also, you can send normal text messages from your smartphone by using your PC, yes you heard that right.
Now, let me help you configure your devices and you are good to go!
- Install Pushbullet on all of your devices that you want to sync notifications and other messages with. Visit this link and install Pushbullet on your desired device.
- Login to your devices using the same Google account to ensure proper sync.
- Enable the Notification access on your smartphone for Pushbullet. If the app does not take you directly to the settings then you can access Notification Access through Settings > Apps > Click on the Settings icon on the top right > Special Access > Notification Access.
- Enable Notification Mirroring on your smartphone by opening the app and clicking on the sandwich options button and select Notification Mirroring. From there, enable Notification Mirroring.
- Now, to enable sharing of Remote Files, on your PC, open up the app and go to Explore > Remote Files > Enable Remote File Access. After this, open up the app on your smartphone and go to Remote Files to browse through the files on your PC. Click on the file that you want and then click Request, the file will start downloading within seconds.
Surprised? I wouldn’t blame you, Cortana is a Digital Personal Assistant, but thanks to Microsoft you can now sync the Cortana app on your phone and on your PC. Not only does Cortana display your phone’s notifications on your PC, but also allows you to continue your work on your PC from your smartphone.
Let’s setup Cortana for your devices now, follow the steps given below.
- Install Cortana on your smartphone and log in with the same email id that you have on your PC.
- Swipe right to access the extra options, and then click on Settings.
- Go to Sync Notifications and enable the notifications that you want to appear on your PC.
- Click on Cross Device and then on App notifications sync and enable the Notification Access for Cortana.
- Also, don’t forget to select the apps that you want to sync, if you don’t do this then you won’t receive any notifications.
- Now on your PC, make sure that you have logged into your Microsoft account, click on the Cortana search bar by clicking on the search option or by pressing Win+S.
- Next, click on the settings icon and then enable ‘Send notifications and information between devices’ option.
- Click Next when Cortana asks to collect and use information and location history.
That’s it and you’re ready to go. However, Cortana doesn’t let you reply to most of the apps like Pushbullet allows, but it makes sure that you don’t miss out on those important emails and messages.
AirDroid is just like Pushbullet, but with a less friendly user interface. It allows browsing files on your other devices and downloading them when required. The advantage you have here is that AirDroid has a floating app bubble which displays the notifications received and also opens up the website directly when you click on the respective notifications. Think the bubble will get in your way? You can change the opacity as you see fit to make it barely visible.
The steps to configure AirDroid are very easy-
- Install AirDroid on your smartphone and PC. You can download it from here.
- Create a new account or already sign into your existing account on both the devices. Make sure that you use the same email id.
- To enable the AirDroid Notification mirror service, open up the AirDroid app on your smartphone and go to Tools. You can always use this path as well – Settings > Apps > Click on the Settings icon on the top right > Special Access > Notification Access.
- Now go to Desktop Notif and click on Enable.
You’re all done and ready to use AirDroid now.
Desktop Notifications for Android. While these do the same task and allow you to receive your smartphone notifications on your PC, they lack a feature or two when compared to the top 3 listed above. The ultimate is yours to make in the end, so go with the one that suits you the most and meets your daily needs.
If you get stuck on any step, do let us know down below in the comment section and we’ll be more than happy to help.